3.6.10

...Ugandans = PTSD...

...I realize it has been quite some time since I've put anything new up; photos or written, and that's not about to drastically change. There are a few things in this entry I would love to talk about that involve the last two weeks of my life, but I can't. What I will say is this, I'm slowly developing PTSD of Ugandans and 90 day Visas.  

During my last mission I spent most of the time pissed off sleeping and reading since I was fighting to get a 90 day visa renewed and arguing with Ugandans to allow me in the chow halls. Eating food was a battle I gave up on due to a 15 minute argument I had the first night. It would appear my memorandum isn't a memorandum and CENTCOM isn't a trustworthy individual. On the plus side, an American soldier working the chow hall finally came out saying I didn't look like a terrorist and allowed me to eat, which resulted in one pissed off Ugandan and one bitter photojournalist.

SSG. Lubin, I shall rejoin you all on another mission and take some more snaps next time around.

I have started back up on the portrait series, so in a couple days I'll have new ones up. As for now, here are a few photos from my last mission.
 
- The Exodus

2 comments:

  1. Why is there a Ugandan calling shots over there anyway? That's a whole 'nother continent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see if I can get one of the other guys to write an entry about that, he is a bit disgruntled with them as well.

    ReplyDelete